64% of asset managers believe content marketing will be the most successful marketing strategy for their businesses over the next 12 months, according to a new survey by digital platform provider Kurtosys.
Of the 300 respondents to the global annual survey, 65% expect to spend more on content marketing in the next year, describing it as their primary channel for generating traffic and new business. Fewer than 10% of respondents planned to spend less.
Other key findings from the report, conducted annually since 2012, include:
- 56% of respondents have a documented digital strategy in place, up by 3% on the previous year.
- 41% say new business acquisition is the primary objective of their website, followed by brand awareness at 39%.
- Wordpress remains the most commonly used content management system (30%).
- 34% say their number one objective for content is to generate new business, followed by client/prospect education at 31%.
- 77% of respondents said their company shared content on social media.
- Approximately half of respondents said they had a company blog, the other half said they didn't have one.
" Another trend we’ve seen in recent years is asset managers creating separate content hubs away from their investment websites - partly for practical development reasons and maybe some compliance/regulatory reasons also," said the report.